Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Revlon PhotoReady Powder-Review, Swatches & photos

Hi lovely pretty readers,

Everywhere the weather’s just hot hot hot…don’t you feel it?

I live in a city which is not much affected from the heat unfortunately now the days here get sooo hot. I know about the damn hot weather in Delhi. God, I can’t imagine to go out in such a hot weather but I know that thousands of girls and women have to go out in this weather and no doubt they have to make themselves ready with their makeup and outfit too. What do you do then? Light and cool shade’s clothes which are comfortable too and makeup….ohhh..i hate to do makeup in such a weather but if I have to do it I prefer a very light makeup which not only shows light but also feels the same. These days most of the time I stay away from makeup and sometimes when I do do it I never apply foundation. I apply my Revlon PhotoReady powder and believe me it’s not only very light weight but gives a very fine look to my face.

So thought of reviewing this product today…take a look:

Revlon PhotoReady Powder



This is a light weight compact powder which has bits of sparkles in it which looks so natural on the face.

What it claims

Delivers soft colour with a luminous air-brushed finish

·Reduces shine and evens out skin tone

·Sets makeup for a poreless appearance

·Micro-fine, ultra-lightweight, creamy pressed powder formula

·Oil free, Fragrance Free

·SPF 14

Application Tips: Using brush applicator, swirl into powder and tap off excess. Apply over entire face, smoothing over forehead, nose, chin and jawline. Can be worn alone or over foundation.

Shades: Fair/light, Light/Medium & Medium/Deep

Net weight: 7.1g

Price: Rs. 850/-

Packaging

It comes in a very classy packaging and I love it. Black packaging looks very elegant.

Now let’s talk about the inside of the box. The box opens easily with a click and we find our compact powder with a beautiful, useful brush and a mirror along attached to its lid.

The brush

I was pleasantly surprised by the brush that comes inside the case- it was a nice, soft flat brush rather than the puff that comes along with most of the other powders. Honestly speaking, a brush is always better than a puff...at least for me.

In the mirror of my own experience

In summers I always use a compact powder for going out because in winters only a moisturizer is well enough for my skin but during summers a powder must be there to prevent the unnecessary shine that can be caused by sweatiness. Now I’ll want to tell something about the powder. When I applied it for first time, I couldn’t believe what a difference it made to my complexion after stippling it onto my face! It's extremely lightweight, it gives an airbrushed finish. This is the product that sets your foundation but at the same time instead of making it look cakey and dry, it leaves your skin looking flawless and irresistible for photos! This powder gets on very lightly and smoothly and disappears into the skin that I didn't notice any shimmer, but it did seem to diffuse the imperfections. It does not have a very high coverage power, so it won't hide anything other than a little redness, but I wear it alone these days and it’s perfect for me. What I also like about this powder is that it gives me a little bit of shimmer and it has SPF 14. I can use it to set my Photoready foundation as well.

Good points

  • It blends well.
  • So easy to apply.
  • Very light weight and gives a buildable natural coverage.
  • It controls the shine.
  • It doesn't cake at all, even on dry skin.
  • It doesn’t settle in creases.
  • It’s long lasting. No need to reapply again & again.
  • It gives a silky finish to the skin.
  • It gives a healthy glow to your face as it contains some shimmers.
  • For setting the foundation it’s an ideal powder.
  • Suitable for every skin tone.

Bad points

  • It’s a light weight powder which gives only a natural coverage so if you want a heavy coverage powder for your face, you can’t use this all alone.

Final thoughts

I’m highly impressed with this powder. It’s a powder to which I’d been looking for a long time. I don’t like heavy coverage powder. Hate the cakey effect which most of powders give to the skin. I think it’s an ideal powder even if you want to hide your spots. But you shouldn’t wear this alone, because in my opinion none of the compacts are able to hide all the spots on your face and if any compact is able to do this, no doubt it’ll be heavy in weight. So in my opinion it’s better that if you apply a light foundation on your face first then set it with this powder which is so light weight.

Rating

4.7/5

Recommendation

I’ll really recommend it to my friends and my readers. Only want to say please give it a try and then see its effect.

Will I buy it again?

Again and again.

So girls, have you tried this pressed powder yet? What are your opinions about this powder? I’ll surely want to know.

Don't forget to check my review on Revlon Photoreday foundation!!

Disclaimer-Product sent by brand.

SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig