Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Revlon Colorstay Active Light Makeup foundation-review, swatches

Hi dear lovelies
Many of my readers have asked me several times to review the Colorstay foundation that I've been using in most of my makeup looks so today I decided to write about my favorite liquid foundation. You would be surprised to know the fact that earlier I didn't use any foundation but when I started to use it it was only Rimmel liquid foundation,Chambor stick & liquid foundation and I was quite satisfied with them but this time I decided to buy this foundation for some reasons. First I wanted a change in my foundation range & brand and secondly I had heard a lot about this foundation. My blogger friend Anju suggested me to try this one. According to her this foundation is much better than Mac studio Finish foundation so these were the reasons I picked up this foundation.


What Revlon ColorStay Active claims
Sweat proof. Light coverage and all skin types
What it does?
Gives you light, sweatproof coverage with SPF 25 that keeps up with your active lifestyle.
How it works?
Exclusive ColorStay formula sweatproof and breathable for fresh all day look that won’t rub off even after exercise.
How to get the look
Apply in one area at a time, blending quickly. It is oil free. Non- pore clogging. Non irritating.
Key Ingredients:
Octinoxate, Titanium dioxiode, Zinc Oxide, Cyclomethicone , Aloe Barbadenis Leaf Juice.
Packaging:
This foundation comes in a squeezy tube, which is pretty ok with me, I would much rather have a squeezy tube or a compact cream foundation than a glass bottle which be difficult to carry about. This tube is so easy to take out any where and even it’s so easy to take it out for applying. There is no fear of the foundation getting wasted. No fear of breaking which is always prevalent in the bottle packaging.
Net weight
30ml
Price
675
In the mirror of my own experience:
I always like a light weight foundation which makes me feel natural. This foundation has provided me the same feeling that I've wanted. I apply this with my finger tips in dots all over my face then blend it with my fingers, it applies very easily and looks natural. I love that it doesn't dry out or look cakey on my skin, which many foundations tend to. I think this would work for oily skin too since it stays on and does not transfer. It gives a very soft and pearly finish to my skin and even sometimes I don’t need to apply a compact powder especially in winters. It matches with my skintone very nicely. This stuff is supposed to provide "smooth, radiant, light coverage that lasts up to 16 hours even during exercise with SPF 25 as it claims. Although I never do exercise with in makeup but if I do I’m sure it would work surely because the lasting power of this foundation is amazing.
Good points
It has a silky texture. Can be applied equally well with foundation brush or fingers. I use a brush to place, fingers to blend.
It has a natural, semi matte finish. Great for Normal skin; even can be a little for combination, oily and dry too. Dry skinned girls can apply it with thick moisturizer and they don’t need to touch a compact powder.
It gives a perfect glow to my skin making it flawless and radiant. The glow clearly can be seen on the skin.
It has amazing lasting power. On my skin, 10 to 12 hrs without powder before fading, 14-16 hrs with powder. Isn’t that amazing??
SPF 25 is just awesome!!
It’s so light weight and you can apply it daily for out going out and for offices. The decent lasting power make you tension free.
The product is worth the price.
Bad points
It comes only in 4 shades which is not enough for everyone. The shades should have been more.
Rating
4.80/5
Overall thoughts
Amazing product by Revlon. A gem among drugstore liquid foundations!!!
I only can say- hey gooooo and grab it ladies….hahaa!!!
I know most of you ladies would have used it before but if you haven’t tried it yet, I strongly suggest you to try it once.
Have a great week!!!

SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig